Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The good, the bad, and the macro

I've been having macro issues with this new camera. Now, let me start out by saying that certainly, I have not yet fully learned or explored the capabilities of the camera, especially in manual modes.

I've been able to capture some fair shots...but not GREAT shots:




















In the first two shots, I was really trying to focus in on the water droplets themselves, and there's too much branch.




















In this next shot, the second branch is in focus instead of the one I was trying to get, which is the one in the foreground:

























And here's what's happening even more often: The background is in focus rather than the thing I'm trying to get. It seems very "trial and error" because I'm in macro mode, I'm shooting fairly close, yet the camera is capturing too much depth. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.






















Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

wonderful pics you have here. My favorite is the one of Asbury Woods. My grandmother, "Garr" Richardson was a great admirer of that place. I think they still have a plaque designated to her, she even had her own garden there... I think that's where the plaque is. I gotta get out there and get a picture myself. Well, thanks for the read and the wonderful pics. That red bush really stands out! Alright well, have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

How does your camera focus? That is, when you look through the viewfinder, how many points do you see trying to locate the nearest detail and bring it into focus? This is important because you can manipulate the focus point(s) by knowing how your camera works. Take a look, move the camera around, notice the changes, see what happens when you half-depress your shutter button and move the camera again.