Thursday, June 19, 2008

The ants go marching -- My 100th post

Cue the fanfare! According to Blogger, this is my 100th post. Mind the balloons and streamers, won't you?

Today I went to a Jewish cemetery here in town. I got some really cool pics, which I'll share in the next day or two. While I was there, I stumbled across a neat sight:

What seemed like a million ants, swarming and apparently moving into some new digs.
It was starting to rain just as I came across these, so I had to hurry.
And like the ants, I had to get to work too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I teach at a zoo, so this should not bother me....BUT YUCK-EEE-OOOOO! Gross. There is just something about ants that freaks me out. Great capture, don't get me wrong...but I have the heebeegeebees now. lol

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!! But I LOVE you stopped to take a photo of it!!!
Cari

Anonymous said...

UMMM!!!! WOW! Scary. Look out.

Sandra Collins said...

cool capture - but I'm squirming now

pat said...

I've seen ants in a mass like this, and the sheer numbers amaze me. Cool photos!

Debbi said...

ICK! Now I have goosebumps!

Anonymous said...

That makes me ITCH!

Michelle said...

wow! talk about a mess of ants! they sure are busy. how cool that you thought to get them.

Becky said...

Hey, it looks like my kitchen lately. ;-P

Anonymous said...

Good words.