Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bittersweet

Emily is graduating from 8th grade on Tuesday. I can't help but get a bit misty when I look at these...she used to be my baby, you know? She surprised me by asking for a dress to wear for the ceremony, so I was happy to oblige. She returned the favor by letting me take pictures of her tonight at Presque Isle. I'm not super happy with the exposure on some of them, but they'll do for now. I can always bribe her into another practice shoot I'm sure!






(Editor's Note: About Chauncey: Poor Chauncey was lost over the weekend. I just found him this evening in a certain naughty 7 year old's bedroom. Yeah....that's right. I fought my 7 year old over a toy monkey, and I won. That's MY monkey; don't TOUCH him!. Anyway, Chauncey is disappointed about the stuff he missed over the weekend, so I promised him we'd go out some night this week and have some fun.)

10 comments:

Margaret said...

These are such beautiful shots. I love the first two especially. She looks like such a wonderful girl!

Kari said...

she's a beautiful girl! My daughter is only 3 and I can just see the time flying. Don't you wish you could slow it down a bit sometimes?

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, how very pretty you look. I want high school to be good to you!

Anonymous said...

Emily looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She is so lovely. I can't believe how fast they grow either.

Becky said...

She looks beautiful. Congratulations to her--and you. My DS graduated 8th grade last year and I was kind of a mess. :-) He had gone to a K through 8 school so it a long time with all the same kids, teachers, and parents. Hope Emily loves high school!

Reds said...

Emily is so beautiful! You got some great pics! Love that last shot where she is walking on the path!

Elsie said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful girl! I especially love that last shot, Amy. So symbolic! Congratulations, Em! High school is so very exciting!

Michelle said...

beautiful shots! i really like the closeup of her. congrats on the graduation!!

S.Kremer said...

Love the water shot. They grow up so fast don't they.

Shawna (shawkrem)