Monday, June 23, 2008

Brotherly (and sisterly) Love

On our Saturday drive, we stopped briefly outside Evangola State Park. (As an aside, NY State Parks are kind of a crapshoot. While I'm sure they all have their nice points, we are mostly interested in certain things in a state park, and that's nature. We aren't looking for picnic areas or playgrounds. We want things like hiking trails and natural beauty. The thing is, NY State Parks charge admission....usually $6 or $7. That might get you the splendor and plethora of activities of an Allegany....or it might get you the craptasticness of a Lake Erie State Park. We don't know anything about Evangola but the location didn't look all that promising so we didn't shell out the admission fee. I'll check it out online sometime and maybe we'll stop by again.) Anyway, outside the state park we saw this bridge.

"Oh, what a beautiful location for a couple of pics of the kids," I thought.
You know what they say about the best laid plans, right? I got this shot but Liam was complaining that his feet were hurting from trying to stand on the little ledge.

Fine, we'll go to the end of the bridge, I thought. But someone had developed a strong case of the sillies.
Liam started sticking his tongue out in every shot. I'd fuss at him and he'd promise not to do it again.
Little bugger got me again!

And by this point both kids were cracking up...
and then Em had to get in on the act too.


So the shots I got weren't the shots I had envisioned...but they're much cuter anyway.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never been to Evangola and they charge $7 when they are allowing Swimming! When they have no swimming it's $6!

Anonymous said...

These are so fun! Love them all!
Cari

Reds said...

Looks like a fun day!

Unknown said...

I LOVE covered bridges.. .If I could get my hands on one... I would be tickled.

Chell said...

Love that bridge. Hate when they charge yet you have no idea what you are getting!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bridge! Nice colors!

pat said...

Wow, what a great bridge!! Nice shots.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That bridge is awesome! I love the series of pics of the kids, they are so fun!!

♥ Amy said...

Definitely cute, yes. And that bridge is really pretty.

Anonymous said...

I adore the last shot of him sticking his tongue out. Its awesome to see them together like this though...its so rare to get shots of siblings just having fun, huh!

Becky said...

I feel the same way about our state parks. We have quite a variety of crappy versus beautiful here, and most of my favorite scenic spots are totally free. I love 'outtake' shots better than posed portraits myself.

Suzy said...

These are so fun! Looks like you all had a great time and I love that bridge!

Jess said...

They ARE silly! LOL! But at least they are together and getting along, right? :p

Anonymous said...

Covered bridges are fabulous structures, and your kiddos are always willing to pose. LOL

Angela2932 said...

I love the whole series of facial expressions! You got some great ones! And cool bridge.