Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sounds of Summer

Erie has a ton of things to do in the summer. One of our favorites is the Sunset Music Series held at the beach. Once a week for 6 weeks or so, they have different bands on Wednesday nights at the peninsula. It doesn't much matter what band is playing...that's really pretty secondary. It's just a fun time with lots of opportunities for people-watching, and Liam loves being able to play in the water.

I took a few pics this evening and came home to an error message that my trusty usb port wasn't working anymore. I couldn't upload pictures via either the card reader or the camera cord. It took over an hour, but I was able to fix it. Then I opened Photoshop to process some pictures and got bogged down doing a new header (which still isn't right, dagnabbit). Now it's almost 11pm and I need to get to bed!




So here are just a few of the pics I took tonight, straight out of camera.


Tonight's band was The Duke Sherman Blues Band. They were pretty good!


It wouldn't be summer without a buff young lifeguard, right?


When one visits the beach, it's just good ettiquette to take off one's footwear and put one's toes in the sand.

When I'm an old lady, I am definitely getting on of those straw hats with the crown cut out so I can let my hair spill over the edges.

More tomorrow!

10 comments:

April said...

haha..those are great..i had to laugh at the buff young lifeguard photo!! i love it!

Anonymous said...

NIce Lifeguard! And I love the twinkling in the water onthe last shot!

Anonymous said...

Man...if only I were that life guards age again. Hahahaha.

The last photo is my favorite. Its so emotionally reflective.

Michelle said...

sorry about your computer problems. but thanks for taking the time to share the buff lifeguard!! i need that...:P

Jess said...

WOW, these are sooc?! They are great! That lifeguard is a hunk! And I will join you when I am an old lady. That hat is a riot! I could never pull that off right now, lol!

Becky said...

Thanks for the eye candy! And I don't get that hat--I've never seen anyone do that before. The old ladies I know just wear visors. :-D

Anonymous said...

Love the boots & feet shot, and the sun sparkles on the water are beautiful.

Chell said...

Oh wait there was more than one picture. I saw the lifeguard and nothing else. LOL!!!

Bobbi said...

Love these shots, especially the 2nd one ;) Totally getting one of those hats...maybe I will make it a trend for the 20-somethings.

--sme said...

That lifeguard is HOT. Makes me want to put a pool in my backyard and pretend I can't swim! :)