Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nothing says "Summer!" like a loud Hawaiian shirt

Am I right?

As I mentioned, Liam spent almost the whole time in the water last night. He's part fish, that boy. We have one of those soft-set pools and he's in it constantly.
I know this shot is a little dark in the face, but I love the peaceful feel to it.

I was really enamored last night with the way the light was sparkling on the water and the silhouettes I was capturing.

And now I need to make a quick run to the store and grab a couple more things for tomorrow....we're off to Waldameer, Erie's local family amusement park. I'm sure I'll come back with several hundred pics, but for now, I'm going to try to embed a video of their new roller coaster, the Ravine Flyer. This coaster crosses Presque Isle Drive and then loops back into the park. I've seen it from a distance so far and have some cool pics of it being built this past winter. I cannot wait to ride it tomorrow!





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all awesome but that last one...amazing!
Cari

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

The water sparkles are so beautiful!!

Becky said...

Wow, what amazing water sparkles. Does your camera a setting on it for this? My point-and-shoot has something like that but I haven't really played with it yet.

Tricia said...

I love all the little sparkles.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Love the sparkles!

Anonymous said...

I think that "loud Hawaiian" is an oxymoron. :D

Great video you found there. Hang on to your hat tomorrow!

--sme said...

You have captured the essence of summer!

Reds said...

LOL - Love the shirt!! ;) - And your sparkling water pics are awesome! ;)

Chell said...

Yea for the coaster. Love the sparkles on the water..

Mom2Drew said...

You're right...definitely peaceful feeling. Good luck on the coaster, they are oh-so addictive!

Jess said...

Those starbursts on the water are AMAZING! Holy cow! And that rollercoaster looks AWESOME. I am a rollercoaster junkie, I love them! I can't wait to hear how awesome this one is in real life! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy moly...look at the sun on the water. So lovely and inviting. Love the shirt too.

jewels said...

I love how the water looks all sparkly! Have fun on the coaster!

Cheers,
jewels

Elsie said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the Hawaiian shirt. Did you have fun? :-)