Saturday, June 7, 2008

One of a hundred moments from today

I. Am. Beat.

We left the house today at around 11am and took a roadtrip to Letchworth State Park in NY, about 3 hours from here. Well, 3 hours if you follow the directions on MapQuest and just for fun you tell them to "Avoid Interstates." I ended up on dirt roads for crimony's sake! Me and dirt roads don't mix.
Anyway, it was a lovely day....we saw some fantastic sights, and we found a better route home. I'll post a multitude of pictures tomorrow. For now, I'll leave you with one lonely picture from today. I almost ran over a snapping turtle. I was able to avoid it and we stopped so Dan could move it out of the road.

Guess he lives to snap another day!

12 comments:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Why is it we take the fun, adventurous route there and the straight line on the way back. Great shot!

Joanne Fowler said...

How fun! Looks like he's yelling mad at you! LOL

Angela2932 said...

Wow, that's one scary looking mouth!

Anonymous said...

You are surrounded by beasties, I swear. I love the color of the inside of that snapper's mouth.

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...that's cool!

Reds said...

Doesn't look to happy about being picked up!! Glad you didn't run over him!

Anonymous said...

WoooW...that guy does not look happy. What a great capture though.

Michelle said...

that is a big snapper! glad you enjoyed your trip-can't wait to see more.

JillCookie said...

Hey Amy, it's Jill from ebb. I like browsing your blog every week or so. Anyway, We went to Letchworth last fall when we were in Rochester visiting SIL. BEAUTIFUL I must say. We were blessed with the colors of the season too. We took the highway there, but took the scenic route yet avoided most gravel roads on the way home. Fun place, that State Park, and you have a fun blog too.

Becky said...

I'm not sure I'd think to move him, but I'd sure be stopping for a photo. I love how mad he looks! If I had to avoid dirt roads I wouldn't be able to go much of anywhere around here. :-)

Elsie said...

Whoa!! He's scary looking, Amy! Wonderful shot of his big, open mouth. Dan is brave. :-)

Anonymous said...

One awesome snapper! Watch those fingers!