Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Never the bride.

Last night I took Em to her therapy appointment. Remind me to post pics of the waiting room sometime...it's bizarre. Anyway, I didn't feel much like sitting in an uncomfortable chair reading an old magazine so I took a walk around the neighborhood to see if there was anything photoworthy.
I took a ton of shots; it's a fairly gritty neighborhood. Tonight, though, I'll share these ones from the low-rent bridal salon next door.





To me, mannequins are about 3 steps above ventrilloquist dummies and those clapping-cymbal monkeys on the creepy scale. They could totally come alive and kill you in the night.

But these ladies just looked sad to me. They're waiting for grooms who will never show.

And they need their manicures refreshed.

16 comments:

Reds said...

So sad - wouldn't go shopping for a wedding dress there ;) - Great set of pics though! Celine

Becky said...

Hee. You're a hoot. And I completely agree with you on the creepy thing!

♥ Amy said...

Love the details you captured. Looks like a photographer's idea of "fun" to me; nuts to people like my hubby. ;)

Bobbi said...

Oh these are funny! I love the chipped nail polish...they are a little creepy.

Angela2932 said...

I totally love these! Creepy really appeals to me (but I'm NORMAL, I tell you!!!!) These are as creepy (almost) as the Barbie doll head I posted awhile ago. And what's with the nail polish? Couldn't they spiff it up a little? Maybe these are mannequin seconds. . . . don't they have any that smile?
So if the waiting room really is bizarre. . . well . . . we're just going to have to see it! (please)

Chell said...

Oh these are great. They are pretty creepy looking. Love your new avatar pic by the way.

Amy said...

Poor not-so-old-looking maids! Great shots, I really like your angles! And you'd think they could give those poor ladies a fresh coat of nail polish. :)

Sara said...

Oh, man! I'm so going to have nightmares tonight!

Margaret said...

These are just fabulous!Love the creepy factor that goes with these. Yeah, that nail polish needs a little touch-up. Love your journaling with these. Love your new twopeas avatar,too!

Mom2Drew said...

I've always thought they were creepy too, glad to know I'm not the only one. But hats off to you for making a very interesting post tonight.

Michelle said...

yup, they're definitely high on the "creep scale"! but i really like how you caught them here. nice spin.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I really like your cemetery pictures.

pat said...

YOu really have a unique view! The second to last shot, of her face through the veil, looks like she has a tear on her cheek. Poor sad mannequins!!

Anonymous said...

Arn't manicans BIZZARO....

I used to work in a clothing store and had to move them around all the time. They got so banged up. I guess they can cost in the $1000's though.

Anonymous said...

The camera is perfect for you, Amy, because it lets you record what your Amy-eye sees--wonderful views!

Elsie said...

You have an amazing eye, Amy! I am in love with these sad brides!