Friday, June 27, 2008

Creek walk on a summer evening

We love us some creek-walks in this family.

Last night we went to an area of Walnut Creek we haven't been to before.
In addition to the lillies I posted yesterday, there were some really neat rock formations.As soon as we got into the creek we scared off this heron. (At least I think it's a heron. If someone out there is more ornithologically-inclined than I am, feel free to correct me!)

Since I didn't bring Liam a change of clothes, I didn't want him to get soaked. He started out fine. A little walking....

Some rock-throwing....some climbing.

But as we were walking back towards our starting point, we came across some kids playing in the water. Liam wanted to join them so badly, I just couldn't say no. They were sliding down this tiny waterfallAnd of course, Liam had a blast. It was almost impossible to get him out to go home!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

That does look like great fun!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I loved creeks when I was a kid--especially the minnows and tadpoles. That looks like shale.

Reds said...

What fun!!! Love that first shot!

pat said...

What a FUN place!! Looks so inviting on a hot day. Those rock slides are a blast. Love the shot of the layered rock.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those look like so much fun. You guys go to the best places!!

Jess said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! And the water is so clear- creeks are muddy around here, lol!

Amy said...

What a COOL creek, it looks like a great place to splash around!!!

Krystle said...

I just love the first shot! Looks like a really fun place to go.

Anonymous said...

The shot of his shoes are my absolute favorite evah!!!