Friday, June 6, 2008

Sunset, interrupted

Last night, I decided at about 8:05 that I wanted to run down to the beach to take some pics of the sunset. That's the cool thing about living a mile from the beach....spontaneity is very possible. Also, when you go that late, you pretty much have the place to yourself.




So we jumped in the car and headed down. As soon as we got there, we noticed storm clouds building from the west.


The kids had fun anyway, as kids are wont to do. Check out Old Lady Liam, holding up the hem of his shorts. (I'll be honest: he's doing that so I won't yell at him for getting his clothes wet.)



The storm clouds quickly obliterated most of the sunset.


But man, were they gorgeous in their own right.





Editors note: My punk-ass-emo-kid daughter is "graduating" from 8th grade on Tuesday. Tonight our outdoor plans were aborted so we headed to the mall and she picked out a dress. That's right. I said a dress. And she looks incredible in it. She looks all growed up and beautiful. I'll take pictures this weekend...you'll need to brace yourselves before you look.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the deal? Chauncey out of monkey sun block?

:)

Becky said...

Those are some pretty clouds. I love thunderstorms.

Sara said...

I'm jealous that you are so close to the beach. We're so not.
The sunset and storm cloud pictures are fabulous with the ange of color, shape and texture going on.
Forwarned and looking forward to seeing your young-teen in a DRESS.

Val said...

Pretty sky shots!

Anonymous said...

Stupendous clouds!!

Happy graduation, Emily. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was anon me.

April said...

i would love to be close to the beach..i'm jealous..those are great shots.

Reds said...

You are so lucky to live close to the beach - would love to be able to go when I want! Love the cloud shots!

♥ Amy said...

Beautiful sky shots - so many different ones, but all so pretty. Have you played with any in Photoshop? Try adding a soft light layer and see if you like it! Love the little guy holding up his shorts. They always overestimate, don't they? So cute.

Anonymous said...

i love that third shot!! the clouds are beautiful! i live close to the beach too, i just never take advantage of it!

Amy said...

How awesome to be so close to the beach! What amazing cloud shots!

Anonymous said...

Stunning cloud photos! :)

Elsie said...

Amazing shots...but I'm stuck on Em graduating. *sniffle* She's going to be in...(eek!)...HIGH SCHOOL!! I can't wait to see pictures of The Dress!

Sharon said...

I love storm clouds!